Loading this takes a moment so Hold your horses…
Navigate through this presentation using the arrow keys or clicking on the arrow buttons
We envision a world where men are men as God intended – where fatherlessness ceases to exist, and the hearts of men are fully restored to God, family and community. We imagine a world where the inner wounds of men are healed, where men know God deeply and wildly, and where men move from an inner core of strength to restore God’s Kingdom to the world.
Our primary purpose is to eradicate fatherlessness – inner fatherlessness (heal), spiritual fatherlessness (know), and global fatherlessness (restore).
Restoration Project exists to create experiential spaces for men to dive deeper into the places of the heart, in order to heal inwardly, know God deeply, and restore God’s Kingdom globally.
What We Mean by Experiential Space?
There’s something about the way God made men…not only do we need the content, we also need the activity, or context, in order to build relationships with one another AND “get it” when it comes to things of the heart. We have to have our minds AND our hands busy in order to let it sink in. Therefore, in everything Restoration Project does, we seek to find ways of engaging the whole man, from head to heart to hands, in order to create an “experiential space” where true change can occur. In other words, we don’t just talk. We do. And talk. And change.
What makes us Unique
While there are many excellent ministries focusing on men, Restoration Project takes it several steps further. More than providing content or even retreats, the focus of Restoration Project is the trifold combination of inner healing, Godward intimacy and global restoration.
Restoration Project Distinctives
- Men need both biblical content and experiential contexts in order to experience healing relationships with other men.
- God is far more excited about the imago dei imprinted on the hearts of men than he is angry about their depravity. Whereas men’s ministries have historically focused on removing, avoiding or managing sin, we believe that men respond more to a calling to glory.
- God designed men with one primary purpose – to father. This means bringing His strength and tenderness in Godly ways to the world.
- Men have been trained to disengage their hearts in order to survive as men in today’s culture. It takes intense focus and purpose in a safe but challenging context in order to help men re-engage their hearts in relationship with other men.
- Fatherlessness is a global epidemic. Both the Scriptures and statistics show that men fully alive and engaged change the world for the better.
- Men are made, not born. Boys are born, and it is through the intentionality, presence and testing of other men that boys become men.
- God is our true Father, and it is only through Jesus that men’s hearts can be restored to Him.
- God’s design for men is to live fully as He intended, to know Him deeply, and to bring restoration to the world. RP is not a ministry focused on masculine self-actualization, but a deep call to restore God’s Kingdom to the world…one man at a time.
Restoration Project statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe in the One True God, The Sovereign, eternal Creator of all that exists, both seen and unseen. God is eternally existent in three persons, yet one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe God created mankind in His image. Adam and Eve, the first human beings, chose to rebel against God and go their own way. As a result, all of mankind became separated from God; the image of God in man was distorted; mankind became subject to the power of the devil; and the sinful nature was passed on to all their progeny. Because of original sin, unregenerate human beings are incapable of pleasing or commending themselves to God. The only remedy for mankind’s pitiful predicament is redemption through faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that when a person exercises saving faith in Christ he passes, immediately, out of spiritual death into spiritual life and from the old creation into the new, a new nature and a new heart imparted; being justified freely by grace, he is accepted before the Father as Christ, His Son, is accepted and loved as Christ is loved–having his place and portion linked to Christ and one with Christ – forever.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of, both, the saved and the lost–they who are saved unto the resurrection of life and they who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the church, both local and universal, is God’s deposit in this world until He returns.