Last year, Restoration Project impacted 2,280 fathers! That means 2,280 men across the country have taken significant steps toward intentionally fathering their children and communities. Astounding! In the last three years, our expeditions have grown 1300%, and the demand for our materials and experiences continues to rise. Men are hungry for what we have to offer, and we can barely keep up.
God is calling us to expand our reach. And we can not do it without you!
This fall, we are launching the National Fatherhood Engagement Project in order to make our experiences and resources more available to fathers everywhere! God is calling us to spark a nationwide movement of intentional, generation-changing fathers. So many have already been impacted and changed by our work. Will you help us take it to the next level?
Phase 1 Kickstarter $ Needed
Phase 1 Kickstarter $ Raised
# Fathers Engaged in 2016
Phase 1 Monthly $ Need
Phase 1 Monthly $ Raised
Goal # Fathers Engaged by 2018
Phase 1 # Monthly Donors Needed
Phase 1 # Monthly Donors Added
Cost Per Impacted Family
Click on the blocks below to learn more details about each phase.
God is asking us to expand our reach to engage fathers across the country – to spark a movement of intentional fathering that changes family trees for generations to come. As an organization, we are committed to staying small, simple, and grassroots, and therefore we are creatively seeking ways to maximize our impact. Partner with us now to change lives forever.
To start, we will develop first-time opportunities for the maximum number of men and women to engage Restoration Project’s many experiences and resources. Additionally, we will outline and develop 2 scalable father-child experiences and 3 scalable father-focused digital products in 2017 that will increase the reach and impact of Restoration Project exponentially.
Here’s what we are going to do:
1. Base Camp Boys – create a replicable model of our Base Camp Boys Expedition for organizations, churches and groups of fathers to host locally. This experience provides fathers an in-road to making men out of their boys.
2. Base Camp Girls – in the same way, create and implement a replicable model of our Base Camp Girls experience, inspiring fathers to platform daughters to discover their voice and become the woman she was designed to be.
3. Man Maker Field Guide Online Course – a companion guide for Chris Bruno’s book Man Maker Project: Boys are Born. Men are Made. This guide is for fathers seeking to execute a rite of passage process for their sons.
4. Before He Drives Away – a guide for fathers/sons in preparation for launch. As young men leave home, they need the direct involvement and wisdom of their fathers to achieve success. A practical guide to character development and adulthood.
5. Restoration Explorers Program – taking our in-print father-child engagement material to the online platform, encouraging fathers toward monthly intentional experiences with their children, and participating in a larger online community of like-minded fathers.
Good products are only as good as the number of people that use them. We need funding for an in-depth marketing calendar, that will include email campaign build-out, technology optimization, and initial kick-start ad spend. Once the scalable experiences and resources are created, we need to let the world know!
We measure our success by the number and quality of engagements with our work. This includes every touchpoint a person has with our material, at one of our events, through our website and blog, or through one of our experiences. We know from history that those who engage with Restoration Project come away impacted and changed. Our aim is to increase the number of engagements in 2017 and 2018 to 40,650 engagements!
We already have several organizations seeking to replicate our Base Camp experiences. We are committed to remaining a grassroots movement, and therefore anxious to provide resources to these groups as soon as possible. Once the scalable products (i.e. Base Camps, etc) are ready for launch, we will develop a coaching and implementation process to assist those who purchase.
Here’s what we are going to do:
1. Train Restoration Guides – for those individuals and churches who want to host a Restoration Project experience, we will implement a training program for them to learn about our core DNA: experience, story and blessing.
2. Launch and market re|design – make readily available our online course called re|design. This walks participants through our unique categories of how to engage the hearts of men differently, and take men’s groups to a deeper level.
3. Calendar and market the Man Maker Project courses and materials – begin to engage fathers across the country in the Man Maker Field Guide online course and create an online community of participants, even if they do not live in Colorado.
4. Facilitate multiple localized experiences – after training and delivering the experience playbooks, we will facilitate and coach multiple localized experiences and camps, including Base Camp Boys, Base Camp Girls, and additional Man Maker experiences.
5. Increase our online presence – continue increasing our online presence via weekly emails, blogs and webinars. This will maximize our reach and increase the number of fathers engaged in Restoration Project.
For centuries, men in most cultures knew they had a sacred responsibility to guide the boys of their community into healthy manhood. This practice is largely unknown in our own culture. Most men intuitively know they want to pass on some significant teaching about masculinity to their boys, but they have no idea what. This book is truly a gift to those boys, their dads, and our culture.
You will be enlightened, inspired, and connected to God's powerful plan for you as a father. I'm excited for the many sons who will become men of God through the influence of this important work.
From incarceration to abuse to just plain missed opportunities, so many boys in our country become 'chronological men' who never arrive at manhood. Chris Bruno has given us the kind of book to carry into the terrain where boys become men. This book is for fathers, mentors, grandfathers, teachers, and anyone who cares about even just one boy.
What a phenomenal experience! The time was so very meaningful for my son and me as he took meaningful steps forward in his journey to manhood. We made some great memories and laid some wonderful foundational blocks for him to step forward. Such a great bonding time. Overall, a wonderful time.
Bruno does not give a cheap, easy, cookie-cutter, one-size-fits-all approach. Instead, he dives deeply and honestly into the fundamental traits the masculine heart was designed to bring to his world and also how to usher young men into the space of restorative, responsible masculinity. While he gives incredible advice, encouragement and numerous tools to help you understand and usher your son into manhood, it is not prescriptive in nature, which makes it usable by any father or father figure.
My husband and I have really pulled a lot of great insight from this book. We have 3 boys and this book covers so many various situations so it's applicable to each of them in individually. A GREAT resource for parents to boys! Highly recommend.
It was a truly beautiful Base Camp weekend for us as a father and son. My son enjoyed the activities and meeting the other boys, but he got to SEE and HEAR other fathers with their sons. I was pleased he embraced the content of the weekend and earned his key. The Base Camp weekend established a framework between us- my son knows that I have intentional plans for him, he knows I’m here for him, and he’s begun to assemble the many pieces of Man Maker. This weekend was a very rich first step for us on this amazing journey. Thank you!
I'm buying a box of Man Maker Project and giving copies to all my colleagues. I'm also putting this book to practice in my work as a jail chaplain and with the young men I pastor out of crime, and mailing copies to guys I love still sitting in their prison cells.
Fantastic discussion and roadmap for addressing the critical elements of being a man.
Be prepared to be challenged to grow in your own idea of what it means to be a man, to draw closer to God and your son, and to be filled with awe and wonder at God's creation and the miraculous way He uses fathers to help turn boys into men of valor and courage.
You have to go on Base Camp! It's a wonderful opportunity to invest in your son. You just have to show up and be open and the RP team will help you take it from there. Man Maker Project has the best framework I've seen for dads and sons and it's not overwhelming, yet simultaneously rich.
This book articulates the vision, purpose, result and strategy of ushering sons to mature masculinity. It is skillfully and thoughtfully written, encouraging and challenging. If father's heed and invest in their sons in the manner detailed in this book, the world will certainly change for the better. If you are a father of sons, read and beware. You will be transformed!
Man Maker Project is a stunning work. It is a feast of narratives that prove the struggle into manhood is not only worth it, but can display the kindness of God. This is a meaty feast, worthy of all men and fledgling men.
This experience has been incredible. Restoration Project created the space for me to spend intentional time with my son and speak into his life in ways that I most likely would not have done on my own. Being in "the company of men" in the wilderness, unplugged, was an experience that will live on in my life and my son's.
Bring your son, bring your friends and their sons, and bring your heart. Don't miss this opportunity to see all of these enriched at once.
The day was very impactful. The power and openness was shocking to me given the short time I had to engage with the other guys! I loved it!
Only with partners like you can we engage fathers across the globe, and participate in God’s work of restoring the lives of men, families, communities and the kingdom. Join us!